About the Program
The Overcoming Immunity-to-Change approach is specifically designed to help individuals, work teams, and organizations make the personal and collective changes that are most important to them--but have proven resistant even to thoughtful plans and heartfelt intentions. Such failures are often inaccurately characterized as "lack of discipline," "insufficient motivation," "lack of felt results," and "the inherent inability to reverse old habits". Overcoming Immunity-to-Change will show you that there is something else going on; something that can be identified.
October 30, 2012
Register Contact Us
Participants in the class will:
- Generate a customized picture of a leadership goal or behavior they desire to accomplish
- Be guided to see what is really getting in their way (often invisible to them) by uncovering how the current mindset produces exactly those behaviors that prevent progress on the goal they most want to achieve. This is the immunity to change.
- Be guided on a new path toward accomplishing the real change they want to see (with specific actions steps and tools).
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Specifically illustrate for themselves the brilliant system they have created which generates exactly those behaviors that will prevent them from accomplishing their goal (this being their immunity to change)
- Identify why this hidden system is so important to you (it's not because you want to fail, or are secretly uncommitted to making the change, or are incompetent)
- Build your own path to putting you in charge of your immune system: help you create an action-plan, and design initial practices
Leland graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, where he majored in history and played and coached intercollegiate volleyball. He also holds an M.B.A. from Pepperdine University (Organizational Effectiveness) and an M.A. in Education Technology (Corporate Learning) from San Francisco State University.